Senior Information Security Analyst
Named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the last 12 years! AND voted the #1 place to work in Technology! We are seeking a Senior Information Security Analyst.
This company offers its employees a highly competitive benefits package as well as a casual work environment.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Also included are Health and Dependent Flex Spending accounts, a rich 401(k) plan, Disability and Life insurance. Additional perks include: paid time off to volunteer, ability to bank up to 4 weeks’ vacation first year, tuition assistance and reimbursement, free snacks and paid parking as well as LOTS of company discounts at some great restaurants and stores!
Senior Information Security Analyst Opportunity
The Information Security Analyst plays a critical role in protecting the company’s information by ensuring our security controls are working properly every day. After all, if no one checks and monitors our controls, how do we know if they’re working? This team member is also responsible for ensuring that the handling of sensitive company and client information follows our company and industry standards. Additionally, this role works together with the Information Security Engineers to ensure our security technologies are producing necessary and relevant information.
- Monitor security events daily, performing investigations and working with the appropriate team members, business teams and IT teams to develop solutions that address critical security concerns
- Regularly audit access throughout systems and applications, working with the IT and business teams to ensure access is at appropriate levels
- Analyze system logs and other event logs to detect nefarious activity
- Coordinate investigations and responses to security incidents
- Audit the company’s security controls to ensure they are working correctly
- Build documentation of existing processes and exceptions based on audit findings
- Coordinate with information security and other IT engineers to ensure that existing or new sources of audit data are available
- Work with the business to optimize and automate security-based processes
- Review and assess third-party vendors
- Coordinate periodic testing of information security specific processes, such as incident response plans
- Contribute to the vision of information security tools and processes with an eye toward the future
- Translate existing controls and concepts into audits to determine control effectiveness
- Mentor more junior Information Security team members
- Assist in light leadership duties as needed
- Five years of experience in an information security analyst role
- Passion for information security and information assurance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Comfort with repetitive tasks (such as audits) when required
- Thorough and detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to look at all situations objectively, with a love for challenging assumptions
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Global Information Assurance Certification or other security certifications
- Proficiency in operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix, Mobile), network theory/design, penetration testing, endpoint security monitoring, coding and scripting, reverse engineering of
- malware, enterprise risk methodologies and the mortgage/financial industry
- Familiarity with authoritative information security resources (the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the Open Web Application Security Project, etc.)
Will Sponsor H1B Visa.